If you can't afford to give money to charity, there are still ways to donate to your favourite charities. Don't throw away used stamps instead collect them and give them to charity.
How to collect stamps
- Save all of your stamps at home and work and why not ask your friends and colleagues to give their stamps to you too
- Commemorative and foreign stamps are especially valuable
- Cut around the stamps leaving a 5mm border
- Sort stamps into UK and foreign boxes
Charities sell the stamps to dealers (per kilo) and use the money to fund their projects. Many charities will be glad to receive your stamps, here are a few examples:
Found this website useful?
Please consider buying me a coffee to help support my site’s running costs. Or share this post with your friends and follow me on social media. Thanks for your support!
- RSPB – I collect large quantities of stamps and take them along to my local RSPB nature reserve who use the money raised for their Save the Albatross project run in conjunction with Birdlife International
- Oxfam can use your stamps and foreign coins
- Royal National Institute of Blind People
- For other charities see: www.usedstampsforcharity.weebly.com